Monday, August 22, 2011

Calendula Flowers and a new blog I found

My flower gardens are full of Calendula plants in full bloom. They reseed easily and this is the second blooming cycle I have had this summer. I Googled calendula flowers and came across this blog, beautifully written with lovely photos,  The Little Herb Farm  from the East coast of Scotland, she has a great idea for using dried calendula flowers as well as many other ideas and valuable information.  I can't wait to try this.  Also check out my Calendula Flower Cake I made last spring for another great idea on what you can do with these beauties.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! And you made cake from them? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, the flowers are sprinkled over the top of the cake. You can use any cake recipe you want, but this one soaks the petals in milk first and then you use that in the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish to incorporate flowers on my lamb shanks recipes Carla thank you for the share I really am glad to have found this blog and the links you included on the post for the herb farm. Again Thank you. For food we always want it something new and delicious for happy eaters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how to cook lamb,
    glad that you found us and that you can utilize the information.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from you.