Monday, November 3, 2014

Persimmon Salsa



This recipe has been in my collection for some time now and I am not sure where I first found it.  It is one of my favorite salsa recipes and now that Persimmons are in season, you will want to put this one on the list to make.       Click Here for Printer Friendly Copy

Persimmon Salsa

Yield: Makes about 1 3/4 cups

Spoon this refreshing condiment over grilled fish or scoop up yummy bites with tortilla chips.


  • 4 small or 3 medium-size firm but ripe Fuyu persimmons, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 2/3 cups)
  • 2 tablespoons minced white onion, rinsed, drained
  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
  • 2 teaspoons minced seeded Serrano chile
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
  • 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger 
Mix persimmons, onion, lime juice, basil, Serrano chile, mint, and ginger in small bowl. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper. (Salsa can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.) 

Fresh Basil and Mint from the Garden
I am growing ginger now!
Everybody in the Pool!
 Now all you need is some fresh made tortilla chips or some grilled fish and you are ready to dig in!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from you.